Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pleasant Spring Thursday on the Levee

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, largely attributable to two circumstances: 1) I've been too busy to write anything here, and 2) I've only been on the bike once (until this morning) since my last post, so there was very little to write about related to cycling. Actually, I'm only going to get busier over the next two months or so, which may make it increasingly difficult to ride or blog.

I really don't have much time now to devote to this. It was a pleasant ride this morning, with HL having no one to play with on the way out, and with Woody (who joined us on the way in) apparently tapering for a race weekend.


Please refrain from engaging in inappropriate locker-room humor regarding this image of Retail Ray. He has only recently returned from a rather extended hiatus, and I don't want to upset him. I learned he can be sensitive when I inquired a short while ago about the cause of his absence, and he told me I was being nosy. So no off-color remarks, please. I also happen to know he suffers from hyperhidrosis and is wise to take a big gulp whenever he can. Anyway, it's good to see him back on the levee.

The group this morning started large, got smaller, then grew again as some turned early and we were joined by various little factions on the way out to Ormond. As we rounded the big bend at the country club, I saw a rider up ahead of the group in the red and black kit of Spokesman or N.O. Fish House. I thought it was Lenny, but as we approached, the rider in red stood up on his pedals to accelerate and began rocking side to side so violently that I thought he would fling himself off of his bike. I knew immediately it wasn't Lenny, but Charlie D. The Big Dude and his entourage are starting earlier and joining our group on the way out now, and the River Parishes were represented this morning by Movie Star Dave, Steve, and Rolan.

It looks like we're about to lose another section of levee as the construction activity has begun west of Ochsner, and the path at the Shrewsbury Ct. access is about to go bye-bye.

Approaching the Turnaround
Finally, if you haven't seen this yet, watch it, watch it full-screen: http://youtu.be/aeCRnFq_9Lo

[Note: This blog isn't intended to disparage or offend anyone. If anything contained herein is believed to be inaccurate or offensive, please leave a comment. Any such comment may change nothing, but will be stark evidence of your right to free expression of thought and opinion, much as this blog evidences mine. Thanks for visiting.] 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment